Wow - it's seriously time to clear some pictures off the camera. I still have Easter pics on there. *Sigh*. Maybe one day I'll be good at blogging. Anyway, here's some pictures from when we went to Thanksgiving Point for the tulip festival at the beginning of May. And thanks to the construction on I-15, it literally took us 1 hour longer to get there - so after 90 minutes in the car, we were hoping this trip would be worth it. But views like this, it's hard to stay mad at the construction for long. And the beauty of Thanksgiving Point is that you can't really take a bad picture. See?
So right when we got there, Holland took off - luckily she was careful to not step on any flowers.
In fact, she loved the flowers and she had a really good time smelling all of them (although when she "smells", she usually just breathes out air through her nose). She also got in some serious squatting time - definitely working out those thighs :)
And she was actually quite careful with them. She was pretty cute when she gently pulled some flowers closer to her so she could take a sniff.
But then again, she's not perfect....
This was when she was trying to put rocks inside the flowers. One of them actually bent over enough to snap the stem a little bit - oops! We enjoyed all of the beautiful flowers and fountains. And don't judge - I could get this picture to rotate (I'm on a Mac right now).
Holland liked them so much that she wanted to wade in. Obviously we wouldn't let her do that...especially not after we saw a snake on one of the rocks. Yikes. Bikes. And thankfully we were able to make it home in a much more timely manner.
Next post: Holland's Birthday!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHaha! So I just realized after I posted my comment that I said Thanksgiving Pt. is the perfect place for kids to "graze"! Wow, am I sleep deprived! I meant just run around, not eat small amounts of food. *Sigh* Glad you guys had a good time! :)
ReplyDeleteoh yay! I'm so glad I have your blog now! Just makes me miss ya even more!!!
ReplyDelete