Happy Mother's Day! This year was DEFINITELY an improvement overlast year. Remember that? Not that Holland has been perfect all day (let's be realistic here), but she has been pretty cute. Here's what I got when I asked her to show me her shirt (Bryan got it - it says "pretty like mom" - awww): And don't mind the wet shirt - her favorite thing to do is play in the sink. This year thankfully lacked the certain talk about what a mother's job is....instead we had some good heartfelt talks about motherhood and then the Primary sang "Mother I Love You" for the closing song. And even though it wasn't Holland up there singing, I still started to tear up a bit because it was so sweet (and anyone who knows me, knows that I rarely cry, and even tearing up is not something I do frequently)....I'm worried I might cry every year once Holland gets up there to sing too :)
So Bryan and Holland got me Duck Tales, Tale Spin, and Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers on DVD - classic cartoons that I love. I'm excited to introduce Holland to them. Bryan also got me a freshwater pearl necklace. Don't mind the cheesy-ness of the picture - Bryan wasn't home to operate the camera, so I had to use the self-timer. Anyway, we had chocolate waffles for breakfast, courtesy of the Our Best Bites cookbook. We had some issues with the first 2 falling apart (waffle iron not hot the first time, and 2nd time still not enough flour in the batter), but it still tasted pretty good, so we didn't want to just throw the crumbles away. In fact, it tastes a lot like chocolate cake, so we're going to make those crumbs into the same butterfinger chocolate pudding dump cake we had last year (it's really good and like the easiest thing you can make so let me know if you want the recipe) - maybe that will become our Mother's Day tradition! It's definitely one I wouldn't mind :)
And just in case you haven't seen it, here's something that makes me teary-eyed too. It makes me sad for all of the times I was being difficult as a kid, helps me get through difficult times with Holland, and makes me appreciate my mom even more. So Happy Mother's Day!
I am glad it went well. I had a great day except for the fact that Lynlee decided to have one of "those days" yesterday. I haven't seen her cry like that in months. And she is only months old....
I am glad it went well. I had a great day except for the fact that Lynlee decided to have one of "those days" yesterday. I haven't seen her cry like that in months. And she is only months old....
ReplyDelete