Sunday, May 1, 2011

I choo-choo choose you!

Title post: ring a bell? The Simpsons? Anyone? I know Linz will get it :)

Well, it's now been 6 years since Bryan and I got married. Crazy. In some ways it feels like we've always been together, but then when I say "6 years" out loud, it just sounds like a LONG time...especially since I still feel like I'm 20 years old.

So on our actual anniversary (April 29th), we went to the temple and did sealings and then went to dinner at Communal. Sorry - no pictures of that, but both were good. Communal is definitely an expensive restaurant, but the trout was AMAZING! It was coated in corn meal/panko bread crumbs and some seasonings and then lightly drizzled with an almond parsley pesto. It was honestly the best fish I've ever had in Utah (and this is coming from a Seattle girl), although the mango cod at Tucanos does come in at a close 2nd :)

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago during Bryan's spring break, we stayed at the Anniversary Inn as a little early celebration. We stayed in the Rio Grande Suite (which was supposed to look like the inside of a train), but I actually wouldn't recommend it - not that it was horrible, but we felt like it was just ok, so we wouldn't stay in that room again...there's plenty of other rooms that are better. So we dropped Holland off at Bryan's parents (which we were NOT sad about because we tried to put her down for her nap there and she took her diaper off 3 times - peeing once in the bed and pooping twice and throwing in on the floor, which we were unaware of and both of us stepped in it at different times which led to cleaning the carpet twice...it was quite the mess and took us like 2 hours to actually leave).

We started off the evening by checking into our room and eating the chocolate chip cookies at the front desk and then walking down to Trolley Square to get some dinner. On the way we passed by this little random garden hidden in the middle of a neighborhood.
This is a self portrait of the artist.And yes, this is Joseph Smith in the form of a Sphinx.Some lady, we weren't really sure who she was...
So yeah - kind of a random little garden! But it was a nice little 10 minute detour. Anyway, we were planning on going to the Hard Rock Cafe, since I have never been, but apparently it's not there anymore! So scratch that plan...and since we didn't have the car with us, we decided to just eat at the mall and figured the Old Spaghetti Factory would be a good choice since that would complete our "train experience". We even splurged a little on italian sodas - yum!
And we didn't know this but you can apparently get hot chocolate there now too.And here's a few pictures of the room. It took us awhile to find the "shower head" (the copper bar is the curtain rod - the shower head was just a strip of holes in the ceiling which totally took us off guard and we didn't notice it until we turned the bath on).Everybody loves velvet wallpaper :)Bryan would sleep with 10 pillows like this if I let himHere's a shot of the "view" from the fake windows...And the cool mail post thingy that the bathrobes were hung on...
It was fun and a cute little room, but there's plenty of other rooms I'd recommend over that one.

So here's the lovey-dovey part where I talk about how awesome my husband is. He is seriously amazing and is good for me in so many ways! He is kind and caring and smart and funny - so many good qualities all rolled up in one. I'm grateful that he lives his life so he is worthy to hold the priesthood and I'm so grateful that we get to be together for eternity! It's already been 6 fabulous years and despite any trials that will come our way, I look forward to the many years ahead! Love you, Bryan!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you stumbled upon Gilgal Garden! Ha! I have been there before, but it was planned. It would be quite the random experience to just find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Sorry the train room was not that great. We will let you know how the lighthouse one is (we are going next weekend).

    ReplyDelete