So I know I promised Holland's birthday would be the next post, but half of the pictures I need are on the other computer....which I don't feel like turning on. So here's a post about some of the things we've done this summer instead. Cinemark does this awesome kids summer movie club where they show kids movies at 10am and they're only $1. So the first movie we went to was Megamind - which is hilarious in and of itself, but it's even funnier when Holland narrates it. We also went and saw Rio - not that great of a movie, but Holland likes birds so that's why we went....and she didn't want to give the 3D glasses back....
We also went to the Freedom Days festival. We happened to be walking by right when they were starting a (free!) reptile show, so we decided to stick around. We told Holland to sit next to the other kids....she wouldn't move any closer...I guess she was too involved in her Slurpee (which has been another activity - when Holland keeps her diaper dry during her nap, the deal is she gets an "orange shlurpee" - we have yet to actually get an orange one, but that's what she calls them. Since the "orange shlurpees" have quickly added up and have become a little pricey, we've mostly switched to Otterpops....anyway here's her not sitting next to the kids)
This guy was pretty entertaining. Nothing like putting a scorpion in your mouth...
And here's a fake Komodo dragon (it's actually some sort of "monitor" which are not as dangerous).
And here's a baby crocodile - which are apparently illegal to own in Utah (I didn't know that before, but I'm not surprised).
Here's a brave little volunteer.
When the guy went to get the snake back, he had a little trouble because the snake wrapped itself completely around her neck and got tangled in her hair! Here's a 16-foot python:
And here's Holland petting the python - love that face :)
We also went to the 4th of July parade - which I hate (the Homecoming parade is SO much better), but we figured Holland would like it (which she did). Hangin' with her friend Shaely:
Just kidding! She managed to do this one all by herself (we think she fell down the stairs - no one actually saw it). So she ended up with a pretty huge goose-egg, and the picture doesn't really do it justice - it was sticking out pretty far. But she's a definitely a trooper - cried for a few minutes and then was fine...guess she's not really a drama queen.
And here's one last picture for your enjoyment. We dressed up like cows to get a free meal at Chick-fil-A. Holland LOVED it! She thought it was so fun! She's keeps asking to do it again. Here's a picture of her with a small plastic chicken in her mouth - very fitting ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment