Sunday, March 28, 2010

walk, walk, walk

Holland decided this past week that it was time to start walking. She actually took her first step on like March 2nd, but I guess she needed an extra 3 weeks to build confidence and balance. So, it is official: she can now walk, and our house is now a nightmare everyday. I do have to give her some credit because she just recently learned to clean up a bit - she will sometimes put toys INTO the toy basket, but she still mostly just pulls them out - hence, our house is now a crazy mess everyday and pretty much all day. But here's what you really care about - I do have a video of her walking (sorry it's not the greatest, but I guess it's still proof of her newest accomplishment).
On a side note about the house being a disaster everyday:
A couple of weeks ago I was helping out with some food and games for a baby shower. It was Saturday morning and Bryan had gone to play football and I was trying to gather all of the stuff I needed for the games for the shower and to finish frosting the brownies. Holland felt the need to make an EXTRA large mess of the newspaper ads and the basket of 50+ Easter eggs I had just pulled out of the closet. She was ready for a nap after she successfully spread the ads and Easter eggs around the ENTIRE living room/dining room floor (granted, our apartment is small, but still). So I put her down for a nap, but still needed to finish the brownies and was in a bit of a time crunch, so I kind of had to tip-toe around the mess. When Bryan walked through the door he just laughed! He thought it was funny that she had made such a big mess in such a little time and that there were Easter eggs EVERYWHERE. Thank goodness I have a husband with a sense of humor!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! This is when the fun really begins! She is so cute. I love that picture of her smiling super huge. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete