Well, Happy 4th of July! I had planned on putting up a cute picture of Holland lighting fireworks and Dallin being enthralled with them. Unfortunately, Holland threw up before we had a chance. Last year we watched the fireworks at Bryan's office - it's the perfect place with a good view of the fireworks and you can even hear the music from the stadium. Holland was excited to do that again, so we invited some friends for a BBQ dinner and hung out in the air conditioned building chatting, letting the kids play and watching a movie.
Half way through the movie and just shy of a half hour after taking her chemo meds, Holland came to me complaining that her head hurt. Things escalated fairly quickly from there and about 5 minutes later she started violently throwing up - all over Bryan, then a quick pause until we made it to the bathroom and then all over the bathroom (floor, toilet, & wall). She was screaming and crying and there was a period of about 10 seconds there where I was extremely close to calling 911 because of the panicked & pained look on her face. I felt helpless - she was in intense pain and there was honestly nothing that I could do. It was the same kind of pain/throwing up that she had in December - those images in my mind are ones I wish I could forget.
So unfortunately, we had to pack things up and clean a lot and kick the friends out and go home before the fireworks started. Boo. Here's hoping next year is better and that the fireworks are in the sky and not all over Bryan and the bathroom floor.
Oh my word! That sounds horrific. Was she better once you got home?
ReplyDelete