Thursday, June 13, 2013

1st time home buyers

Yes, we are buying a house!  Ahhhh!  It's exciting and stressful and scary all at the same time.  It's also depressing how much it costs....like even just the down payment is a real downer (haha - yes, that was lame).  We might end up living there forever solely because of all the work that goes into moving and buying a house....plus if we did ever move, that would also involve SELLING the house too - something we've never had to worry about since we've only ever rented.  And don't even get me started on interest rates - I consciously try not to agonize over it, especially how like just a few short months ago when the rates were 0.5% lower we could have saved $100/month on our mortgage payment.  Ugh.  And mortgage insurance is so expensive!  Can't wait until we build up enough equity to get it knocked off (which is estimated that at the current payment rate, it won't be until 2019).

But back to the fun part - we found a beautiful house within our price range with only minor updates needed (like the vanities in the bathrooms, also replacing some ugly green carpets - nothing we can't live with for awhile, but things that are not the most aesthetically pleasing).  It has beautiful landscaping and a wonderful backyard.  And one of my favorite parts - a newer kitchen (it was pretty much a requirement anyway because I don't ever want to have to remodel a kitchen).

Things have seemed to fall right into place with this house, including the fact that our current landlord wants to sell the duplex, but it sounds like he's gonna wait until we give our 30 days - I'm so happy that we won't have to deal with a switch-over in owners (we've done it before and ended up getting kicked out because the new owners wanted to move their kids in).

And Fun Fact: I have only ever lived in 2 towns my entire life.  When we move to our new house, that will be 3.  HA!  I was born and raised in Monroe, moved to Provo for college and have lived here for the last 10 years.  We'll be moving to Springville - a whole 5 minutes away, but still a new town, so it will be town #3.

4 comments:

  1. We're just working on getting pre-approved right now. Everything seems so overwhelming. I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Aleta! I'm so happy for you. You'll love having your own house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats! So exciting and stressful...but so worth it. I can't to see what it looks like!

    ReplyDelete