Lately, we've had a bit of an issue with Holland not wanting to eat her dinner. We're not sure if it's chemo related, or 3-year-stubbornness related. Either way, it's kind of ironic because food has been a MAIN PRIORITY for her in life. She was a bottomless pit as a baby. Case in point - here's pictures of her first taste of solids:
Look at her love it. And it didn't matter what we fed her, she loved it all. Here's her first Happy Meal.
Can't even smile for the camera because she's reaching for another chicken nugget. And before you judge, no, this is not what we regularly feed her. This was on a road trip.
Bryan decided to give her a bit of his hamburger too and she was easily able to get her whole mouth around it. I think these pictures can attest to the fact that she is serious about food. We have more food pictures too, but I'll spare you.
So for probably the past 2 weeks straight, everyday Holland has built a "boat" out of blankets and pillows on the living room floor. I haven't done it yet, but maybe I should take a picture of what she brought with her - yes, that's right, she made sure to bring food with her so she wouldn't get hungry on her trip (that's what she told me anyway - luckily she did not raid the pantry for real food, she used her play food from her play kitchen). And then just a couple of minutes ago she came and told me that she was wearing a space helmet so she could go into space and that she was bringing food with her. More often I think kids will tell you about what their rocket looks like or maybe what planet their going to, not that they will be bringing food with them so as to not get hungry. What kid does that?! I'll tell you: my kid. Miss hardly-ever-gets-full, bottomless-pit, loves-most-all-food-except-for-some-reason-she's-decided-she-doesn't-like-cheese-anymore-but-still-loves-pizza-and-will-still-eat-cheese-if-you-call-it-cheddar-or-mozzarella-or-provolone, Holland. My spunky, fighter of a 3 year old.
So it's (almost) humorous to me that she even struggles to eat dinner when food seems to always be on her mind.
I remember watching her double-fist some treats while babysitting her once. Love that girl!!
ReplyDelete