Saturday, April 21, 2012

Original due date

So today is the day of my original due date - which is kind of weird to think about that if I hadn't had a miscarriage, I'd have a baby by now.  In some ways I can't imagine having another baby at this point and I don't feel ready, but that's probably also because I'm not huge and totally uncomfortable yet! (I'm only slightly uncomfortable - with my incredibly short torso he's already kicking at my ribs...plus I can already feel that he gets the hiccups sometimes, which I very much dislike).  But then again, it also kind of feels like I've already been pregnant for a LONG time and then that makes me a little sad that I still have about 3 months to go.  And by the time he's born, if you factor in the miscarriage I will have been pregnant for almost 1 year.  Ugh.  Good thing I have relatively easy pregnancies - I count that blessing all the time!

So instead of celebrating our baby's birth date, I'm celebrating 27 weeks.  I have the great fun of doing the glucose test and rhogam shot this week - just a bit of sarcasm there ;)  Just pray for me that I pass the glucose test - I'll probably cry if I have to do the 3 hour test, and I'll DEFINITELY cry if I have somehow ended up with gestational diabetes.  There's varying numbers on this, but between 2 and 10 percent of pregnant women develop it.  Even 10% isn't that high, but still enough to scare me and I don't want to have to prick my finger several times a day.  So here's to hoping I make it past this hump.  The good news is that I only have about 13 weeks left!  Also, I finally hit my pre-pregnancy weight - at least the weight I was before I had Holland!  Haha!  Nursing was the best weight loss program ever (at least for me)!  I lost an additional 15 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight after Holland, gained 1 pound and stayed steady there for about 2 years, gained another pound from the miscarriage, so at 27 weeks I've now gained the other 13.  I forgot what it was like to be 132...and I'm hoping nursing will work the same magic on me again :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh the final stretch....hang in there! This is where I start getting mad at Nick because he sleeps so peacefully next to me at night while I toss and turn. Hope it goes by fast for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the Glucose test went well. It is the WORST! 13 weeks is going to fly by, it's only like 3 or 4 fast Sundays, right? Can't wait to see pictures of your cute boy. :) We were in Provo a few weeks ago, but only for a few hours to see my brother and we spent the rest of the time in slc. Wish we would have had more time! Hanging out and laughing with you guys is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete