We had the ultrasound appointment first. Holland wasn't super interested, but did like seeing the baby's foot, to which she said, "It's kicking!". Then the ultrasound tech pointed out the nostrils and lips and Holland said, "there's no boogers in there!" - the tech got a kick out of that one :) We also found out that I have an anterior placenta (which I suspected that I did and the ultrasound confirmed that right away). It essentially means nothing - just that especially in the beginning I won't/don't feel the baby move as much. So not a big deal. I still feel it move and actually Bryan was able to feel it kick at about 17 weeks. The placenta is up high, so I shouldn't have to worry about placenta previa either (which can cause problems).
We met with the midwife afterwards and she basically just confirmed that everything looked great! Everything looks healthy and there's no abnormalities - which we are extremely grateful for. The baby is also measuring 8 days bigger, but they are keeping my original due date of July 21st. But the interesting thing is that counting back 8 days from July 21st is July 12th - my brother Nelson's birthday (who passed away 11 years ago). So we've already discussed using "Nelson" as a middle name should this little boy decide to come on July 12th. The other interesting thing is that my sister is pregnant right now with a boy and she is due on my other brother's birthday (May 18th)! Kind of funny coincidences!
And there you have it - Holland's not too sold on the idea that it's a boy (she told us, "no, it's a girl...it'll be a boy later"). We are just grateful that everything looks good up to this point and we're obviously hoping things continue that way. And if anyone has any baby boy clothes they would like to get rid of, we'd be more than happy to take them off your hands! ;)
I had a feeling you would be having a boy! It's so nice having one of each. And Holland's cute little comments made me laugh. Glad to hear he is healthy and thriving! Congrats!
ReplyDelete