Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Holland! (better late than never, right?)

Holland had a great birthday! We sang Happy Birthday to her when she first woke up, and she LOVED it! We sang it to her a couple more times throughout the day and she was so happy every time - it was so cute. We took her to Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner (I know - big surprise, right?) and it turned out that it was one of the owner's birthday too, so they had a special going on!
After dinner, we took her to Toys 'R Us for a little shopping spree - anything she could pick up and put in the basket, she could have (....mostly...there was some duplicate items that we had to put back). I think she had a really good time with it though. We took a video, but it kind of needs to be edited for time, so look for that on Facebook eventually. Here's some pictures of the event though.
On our way home we stopped by Spoon It Up! for some ice cream. Since we were moving in 2 days, we didn't have time to make a cute cake and let her have at it, so we got some birthday ice cream instead (we even got some cake flavored ice cream for her). And I promise she loved it - even though it doesn't look like that in this picture.
It's kind of crazy that she's already a year old, but a lot of times it feels like she's always been with us! She gets more and more silly everyday and she makes us laugh all the time. She is definitely a little busy-body, and from the moment she started walking, we knew she was just going to take off...and it's true because she hardly walks anymore - she runs! She's loves dogs and birds and recently learned to say "ruff, ruff" - it's too cute! She can say quite a few words for her age (doggie and bird included), and my new favorite thing that she recently started saying is "HI, DADDY!" She's done it a couple of times now - mostly when she's walking into the room where Bryan is. I'm pretty sure 13 month olds are not supposed to be able to put 2 words together, right? But she definitely does! Anyway, enough bragging. Holland sure is a handful, but we love her so much and we're glad that she is part of our family!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe its been a year. I still remember when you were pregnant, it feels like just yesterday! She is getting cuter all the time! Glad you guys had a fun day together and I hope your move went well!

    ReplyDelete