Monday, May 31, 2010

New Table!

We're still trying to get settled into our new place, so things have been quite busy for us....which is why we've been slacking on any posts or updates. And speaking of updates - Holland turned 1 year old on the 13th! But the details and pictures for that will have to wait for another post because I don't want to upload all of those pictures right now. So here's what's going on otherwise:
We took advantage of the Memorial Day sales and bought a new table and chairs today! There was actually a set that I liked better, but the top was veneered (which scratches easier) and there was no option of a bench, so we decided to go with this set (except the chairs have a lattice back instead of just slats). I guess I still have 14 days to decide if I want to change too....but here's what it looks like:


On a different note, Bryan is done with school! Well, at least with his internship at the elementary schools. The last day was on Friday, so we've got the whole summer together now (minus all of the time that still needs to be put into his thesis). Ugh - the thesis. He's got some serious deadlines to meet if he wants to graduate in August...and since not graduating is NOT an option, these next few days probably won't be much fun. But the end is in sight.
Other than that, we've been hitting up some yardsales lately - I love when people make everything FREE at the end of the yardsale. I found some good stuff today thanks to that - and I didn't pay anything for them! But my biggest pet peeve is when people are too lazy to mark prices on anything! It's not that hard to put a price on - and when people say "make me an offer" for everything, that drives me nuts (if they say that on a few things, I don't care, I might still play along). I know they have a price in mind and they want me to guess it, but I hate figuring out how much they value their stuff. If there's not enough things with prices on them, we usually just leave. Anyway, we're still on the hunt for a dresser for Holland, so we're looking forward to more yardsales this summer. And P.S. - it's crazy that tomorrow is JUNE already!

1 comment:

  1. I love the dinette set! It looks like mine but way nicer. And that must be SO nice to have Bryan for the summer...minus the whole thesis thing.

    We need to do lunch again soon!

    ReplyDelete