Oh, and since we all know Utah has crazy weather (i.e. last Saturday was sunny and 75 degrees, next day snowy and 35 - I was totally not expecting the 5 inches of snow on the ground when I woke up) Holland got some good use out of her snowsuit. And since I'm not a huge fan of the cold, daddy was nice enough to take her outside and build a snowman - "tall, tall, tall!" (Holland kept singing that as they were building it - too cute!)
Thursday, April 7, 2011
artsy-fartsy
So I'm not really a crafty person. Seriously. I'm not too bad at some craft projects, but I'm not too great at it either and it takes me a long time and I don't love doing it (plus I totally have to copy what someone else has done - I stink at visualizing things). But I decided that I needed some new decorations in the house (but also didn't want to spend a lot of money), so look no further than http://www.makeit-loveit.com/. Like I said, I'm not crafty, but there are some simple things on there that anyone can do. So, with no further ado (sorry for the not great lighting):
and don't laugh at the horrible Easter decorations - I know, I need to get some new ones
So there you have it - simple and easy (yet it still probably took me 10 times longer to make than the girl on Make it - Love it, but that's ok).
Oh, and since we all know Utah has crazy weather (i.e. last Saturday was sunny and 75 degrees, next day snowy and 35 - I was totally not expecting the 5 inches of snow on the ground when I woke up) Holland got some good use out of her snowsuit. And since I'm not a huge fan of the cold, daddy was nice enough to take her outside and build a snowman - "tall, tall, tall!" (Holland kept singing that as they were building it - too cute!)
You definitely need to relax and eat some snow - or "schnow" as Holland says - after all that hard work.
She was sad when it melted the next day and kept saying "where da schnowman go?" when all that was left was a little mound. I don't think she totally grasped that warmer weather means no snow...but going down the slide at the park a bunch of times this week helped take her mind off of that. Here's hoping that was the last snow this spring...and that it doesn't get too hot too quickly (I miss the moderate weather in Seattle). But hands down - my favorite season is SPRING! Yay for beautiful weather and flowers! I love it!
Oh, and since we all know Utah has crazy weather (i.e. last Saturday was sunny and 75 degrees, next day snowy and 35 - I was totally not expecting the 5 inches of snow on the ground when I woke up) Holland got some good use out of her snowsuit. And since I'm not a huge fan of the cold, daddy was nice enough to take her outside and build a snowman - "tall, tall, tall!" (Holland kept singing that as they were building it - too cute!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
These are some of the most beautiful Holland pictures I've seen!! And your crafts are adorable. If I had made those, they'd look like garbage.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, great job on the cute decor! Love it. I have been making a lot of little flower clips for someday when Lynlee has hair. I should show you them. You might like it--easy, quick, cute, craft. My kind of crafting.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I couldn't help but think about the wonderful days of innocence and ignorance. It would drive me crazy to have wet soaking gloves like that in the snow, but little kids almost don't even notice. So fun, and so cute.
p.s. i like the new background. you must have changed it at the same time I read your blog cuz it was dark when i read it, and by the time i posted a comment it was the bight happy spring!
ReplyDeleteYou look pretty talented in the craft department to me. But then it is me and what do I know about crafts? Absolutely nothing except that I suck at them.
ReplyDelete