Since we were avoiding going home to a hot house, we walked around the entire mall. As we walked down one of the wings we noticed a Disney Store - something we had never seen at the University Mall! So we walked in and one of the store employees greeted us and we asked him how long they had been opened, because we didn't know the mall had one. Without hesitation, he said, "Oh, we've been open for THREE YEARS". Agh! My mouth literally dropped open! I guess we had never travelled that far down that wing?! How is that possible? Especially since we had just been to Mr. Mac (which is 2 stores down) like 2 months ago? Bryan concluded that maybe it was the Kiosk that blocked our view of the store and the employee did say that there was a Kiosk at one point that had a lot going on and kind of over-shadowed the store. Or maybe it's also the fact that now we have a kid, so where that store wouldn't have really appealed to us before, it does now? Who knows. Anyway, we did purchase a few items for Holland that she has already fallen in love with (although it's extremely easy to please a toddler with almost any toy, so this wasn't too difficult).
I love Toy Story! And as we walked through the store, Holland recognized and picked up the DVD of it - she's seen bits and pieces, but she's WAY too much of a busy-body to sit thru the whole thing. But she got excited when she saw it and she loves little figurines that she can hold, so we were suckers and bought her a figurine set.
We also bought her a Sleeping Beauty cup w/straw (they didn't have this one with the 3 princesses in the store - otherwise I would've gotten this one instead).
We also bought her a Sleeping Beauty cup w/straw (they didn't have this one with the 3 princesses in the store - otherwise I would've gotten this one instead).
And we also bought her some Disney Princess flip flops and some Jessie (from Toy Story) flip flops. The tricky thing is figuring out how big her feet will be next year...so hopefully we guessed right because they're really cute (otherwise she'll be wearing them around the house)!
And to conclude, we successfully stayed out of our house for the entire evening (4 hours - and it would have been longer if Holland didn't have to go to bed). Here's to hoping the weather cools down (at least at night)!
P.S. I recently made and finished curtains for Holland's room - pictures to come soon!
Oh man, we can totally relate! Our apartment is so hot, I have been thinking we need to move somewhere cooler. Next time you go out on a "cool off" outing, call us and Shae and I will go too!
ReplyDeleteSure thing! And I know what you mean about hot apartments...I now have a greater respect for whoever invented central air conditioning and I can't wait till we move into a house that has it! And you'll have to read my follow up post - Holland's favorite word is now "hot"!
ReplyDelete